Black Cohosh- Cimicifuga racemosa
- Key actions: Astringent, alterative, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, pain killer, sedative, mild expectorant, uterine tonic, diuretic
- Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, C, K, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, manganese, zinc, tannins, volatile oil
- Often used for balancing and normalizing women's hormone production
- Nervine and muscle relaxant
- Boost mental function and improve nervous system
- Effective in treating infertility naturally
- Improves peripheral circulation for better blood flow
Find Black Cohosh in Yin's Essence.
Burdock Root- Arctium lappa
- Key actions: Inhibits growth and development of microorganisms, detoxifying remedy, cleanse for kidneys and blood, tonic.
- Often used to treat skin problems, support the immune system during infection and chronic illness, blood cleanser.
- Acne, boils, eczema, and tonsillitis will benefit from the herb's ability to stimulate release of waste products from the cell.
- May be used in any situation in which the body needs increased clearance of waste products.
- High in electrolyte potassium, antioxidant, prevents from diseases, and health promoting properties.
Butterfly Pea- Clitoria Ternatea
- Contains Anthocyanins and proanthocyanidin, a power antioxidant that helps increase the collagen and elasticity in skin cells.
- Improves blood flow throughout the body especially to the capillaries in the eyes. This helps the eyes to adjust quickly in changes in light-- great for eye health.
- Detoxes the body from any harmful toxins as well as cleansing for the urinary tract.
- Boosts brain power- used in traditional Ayurvedic medicine as a memory enhancer- reduces stress and depression.
- For healthy hair- promotes dark, lustrous, thick hair. High in Bioflavonoid which stimulate hair growth.
- Immune system support- defends your body against disease-causing microorganisms.
- Skin health- helps the skin glow and maintain healthy skin
- Anti-inflammatory, anti-depressant, antioxidant
Find Butterfly Pea at the shop.
Cat Nip (catmint)- Nepeta cataria
- Key actions: Mild astringent, mild antibiotoic, anti-inflammatory, soothing sedative, stomachic, antispasmodic, relaxant
- Properties: Vitamins A, B, C, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium
- Soothing sleeping aid- gentle way for a more restful sleep. Also has a calming effect on the mind and body.
- Stress relief- soothing and sedative for the nerves, eases internal stress, anxiety, stops internal spasms, soothes digestive distress, fights indigestion, heartburn and gas.
- PMS- Does well for cramps and premenstrual tension.
- For drug and nicotine withdrawal- eases stress internal tension that comes from withdrawal.
- Natural anti-acid for stomach distress
- Cation: When taking with other sedatives, catmint can amplify the sedative effects of the medication.
Find Cat Nip in Child's Harmony.
Chaste Berry- Vitax agnus castus
- Key actions: Hormone balancer, stimulates breast milk.
- One of the few herbal medicines known to have a progesterone-type activity within the body.
- Infertility: Ability to fine estrogen and progesterone release through the menstrual cycle. Can improve fertility and increase the chances of conception.
- Acts on the pituitary gland; improves menstrual regularity.
- Usually taken on awakening in the morning when the pituitary gland is most active.
- Menstrual disorders: aid irregularity and premenstrual syndrome, relieve menstrual symptoms such as breast tenderness, fluid retention, headache and premenstrual tension, hot flashes and mood swings, heavy menstrual bleeding/pains.
- Other uses: treat acne-- linked to raised male hormone levels. Other hormonal effect include increased breast milk production in lactating mothers.
(German) Chamomile- Matricaria chamomille
- Key actions: Anti-allergenic, anti-inflammatory, relaxant, relieves spasm, soothes digestion
- Treats aches, pains and cramps- body relief for muscle aches, strains, arthritic pain and menstrual cramps.
- Boosts immunity due to its antibacterial properties
- Maintains glucose levels in body
Dong Quai (Chinese Angelica)- Angelica sinensis
- Key actions: Digestive tonic, female reproductive tonic, relieves menstrual pain, blood tonic, hormone stabilizer, anti-viral, anti-fungal, relieves constipation
- Properties: Vitamins A, B3, B12, C, E, iron, calcium, zinc, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, tannins
- Help maintain a normal menstrual cycle,end hot flashes, and ease menstrual pain.
- Promotes blood circulation.
- A dispersing herb- one that can "move" stagnated body fluids, such as blood, and redistribute the fluids throughout the body.
- Eases bloating and calms the entire digestive tract.
- Stabilizes estrogen/progesterone production
- Should not be used during pregnancy
Find Dong Quai in Nature's Fertilitea.
Cinnamon- Cinnamon zaylanicum
- Key actions: Lower cholesterol, regulates blood sugar levels, anti-bacterial.
- Helps relieve gas, bloating, nausea, and indigestion.
- Good source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium
- Has moderate antibacterial and anti-fungal activity
- In colds, flu, chest infection, and coughs, cinnamon has a pleasant treatment that can be safely given to children.
- Taken long term, cinnamon helps strengthen blood flow to the hands and feet-- helps those with poor peripheral circulation.
Find Cinnamon in Nature's Fertilitea.
Damiana- Turnera aphrodisiaca
- Key actions: Diuretic, kidney tonic, stimulant, aphrodisiac, alterative, nervine, relaxant, yang tonic, bitter
- Properties: Vitamin A, B1, B2, C, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, phosphorus, selenium, zinc, volatile oil, falvonoids, antioxidant
- Indicated for sexual stimulation, increases energy, oxygenates genital area, treatment for asthma, depression, impotance and menstrual problems
- A longevity herb- restores exhausted nerves and spirit, restores libido, builds red blood cells
- For men, Damiana stimulates testosterone and treats prostate problems
- Strengthen the reproductive systems of both men and women
- Relieve excess mental activity and nervous debility
- Useful for ex-smokers and help weaning smokers; less desire to drink alcohol
- Mild mood enhancer, alleviate stress, anxiety and mild depression
Find Damiana in Warrior's Serenity.
Dandelion Root- taraxacum officinale
- Gentle blood cleanser
- Detox remedy for the liver and kidneys
- For poor appetite and digestion, and poor liver function
- Root has a beneficial actions on the stomach, liver, and pancreas, increasing digestive secretions including bile and tendency to stabilize blood sugar levels
- Helpful in a number of chronic skin complaints such as acne, boils, and eczema.
Find Dandelion Root in House TeaTox.
Echinacea- Echinacea angustifloia
- Key actions: Antibacterial, antiviral, antimicrobial, antioxidant, blood cleanser, immune-enhancing
- Properties: Vitamins A, B-complex, C, and E, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium
- Stimulate the body's ability to resist infection and counter toxicity
- Bacterial infections- sinusitis, tonsillitis, chronic bronchitis
- Stimulates production of white cells and regulates red blood cells.
- A lymph system cleanser, tumor-inhibitor, and a anti-allergenic.
- A great recovery for colds, flu, viruses, gland swelling, lymph congestion, and rebuilds immune system from prolonged use of antibiotics.
Find Echinacea in Goodbye Blues.
Elderflower- sambuca nigra
- Key actions: Reduces inflammation of the mucous membranes, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiviral, induce sweat.
- For cold symptoms: Flu and mild fever
- Taken to improve resistance to infection and reduce a tendency toward reoccurring colds, sore throats, and coughs.
- Clears the upper respiratory tract and removes mucus from the lungs to minimize allergic reactions.
Find Elderflower in Goodbye Blues.
Estafiate- Grandmother Sage
- Antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, anti-parasitic, stomachic
- Eases PMS symptoms
- Tonic for liver- protects liver from variety of toxins.
- Treatment for sluggish digestion, colitis, gastritis, any form of intestinal inflammation, and stimulate bile secretion.
- For wounds, burns, bruises, muscle and joint pain
- Soothing for nerves
- For food poisoning
- Remedy for arthritis and rheumatism-
- Treats diabetes- stabilizes glucose levels
- Contains a compound called thujone- inhibits several types of bacteria and fungus including Candida.
- Vitamin A, vitamin B complex, vitamin C, calcium, potassoum, phosphorous and iron
Find Estafiate in Grandmother Sage.
Ginkgo - Ginkgo Biloba
- Antioxidant, circulatory stimulant, improves mental performance, protects nerve tissue
- Improves blood flow through the arteries in the brain.
- Protects the central nervous system from oxidative damage.
- Strengthen memory and cognitive function.
- Slows down deterioration in mental function (dementia/Alzheimer's Disease)
- For concentration, improves mood, reduces lethargy
Find Ginkgo in Mental Elevation.
Asian Ginseng- Panex Ginseng
Adaptogen, antidepressant, aphrodisiac, nervine, stimulant, tonic
Properties: Saponins, vitamins B1, B2, B12, D, iron, magnesium, manganese, copper, zinc
Promotes endurance, relaxes the nervous system and improves nerve growth, improves mental awareness, encourages proper hormonal functions, improves lipid levels, lowers cholesterol.
Used to increase the appetite and bodily energy, eases childbirth, increases fertility of women.
Green Tea- Camellia Sinensis
- Key actions: Diuretic, antioxidant, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, expectorant, stimulant, analgesic, astringent
- Aid in weight loss- curves hunger, helps regulate blood sugar levels, reduce high blood pressure,
- Reduce free radicals, increases immunity, improves health on hair, skin and nails
- Vitamin C, zinc, manganese, potassium, folic acid, polyphenols- flavonoids & catechins increases energy and fat oxidation
Hawthorn Leaf/Berry- Cratagus oxyacantha
- Key actions: Antioxidant, heart tonic, lowers blood pressure, relaxes blood vessels, diuretic, antispasmodic
- Properties: Vitamins A, B-complex, C, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, phosphorous, Saponins, tannin
- "Food for the heart"
- Works directly to the heart to slow its rate, improve oxygen uptake, and increase its pumping efficiency
- The berries and leaves contain high levels of procyanidins, flavonoid, compounds which have a strong antioxidant activity that supports healthy circulation.
- Opens the arteries and enhances blood circulation through the body.
- Improves the blood supply to the brain, in return helps improve memory and ability to concentrate.
Find Hawthorn in MistTea Tranquility
LEMON BALM-MELISSA OFFICINALIS
- Key actions: Antidepressant, relieves muscle spasm, antihistamine, antiviral, antibacterial, antioxidant, encourages sleep by improving mood and mental calmness, thyroid regulator
- Properties: rosmarinic acid, flavonoids, tannins, volatile oil
- Relaxes muscles and tonic for nervous system
- Relaxing tonic for anxiety, mild depression, restlessness, and insomnia.
- For allergies and asthma- relieves tension and respiratory healing
- Attuned to kidneys and urinary tract to cleanse toxins and renew strength.
- Digestive distress- soothes entire digestive tract to relieve spasms, indigestion, gas, and colic
- Key actions: Antibacterial, anti-fungal, antimicrobial, antioxidant, diuretic, antiseptic
- Properties: Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, C, potassium, copper, magnesium, manganese, zinc, iron
- Helps flush and cleanse toxins from the body.
- Reduces LDL cholesterol levels, in return prevents the accumulation of lipids from the blood vessels.
- Improves blood flow and prevents cardiac disorders.
- Stimulates bile flows and improves digestion
- Calms the muscles and nerves
- Contains citral- helps in inhibiting the growth of hepatic cancer cells.
- Healing effects on dermatological infections and yeast infections.
Find Lemongrass in Child's Harmony.
Lemon Verbana- LIPPA CITRIODORA
Key actions: Relieves spasms, sedative, expectorant
Aid in relaxation and for sleep difficulties
Help ease mind and body from stress
Fragrant sedative that eases spasms, settles the stomach, fights indigestion and flatulence, reduces fevers and is a stimulant for the skin
Find Lemon Verbana in Nature's Fertilitea.
Licorice Root- Glycyrrhiza glabra
- Key actions: Tonic, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, antiallergic, antiarthritic, expectorant-promotes discharge of mucus, immune-boosting, reduces stress, diuretic
- Properties: Vitamin A, B-complex, B2, B3, B5, C. E, iron, magnesium, potassium, volatile oil
- Help ease acid re-flux at night
- Soothe gastrointestinal problems- indigestion, stomach ulcers
- Cleansing for the respiratory system- for allergies, asthma
- Relieve stiffness and pain on joints and muscles
- Adrenal stimulant
- Tones the spleen, benefit chi, stop coughs, soothe the lungs, clear heat from body, and a detoxifier.
Find Licorice in Goodbye Blues.
Linden Flower/Lime Flower- tilia europaea
- Key actions: Mild sedative, nerve tonic, induces sweat
- Relieving tension headaches, migraines, sinus congestion
- Excellent remedy for head colds and mild fevers as well as nasal and sinus catarrh
- Relieve anxiety and tension on head and neck
- Helps aid poor sleep
Find Linden Flower in Goodbye Blues.
Milk Thistle leaf/seed- Silybubm marianum
- Key actions: antioxidant, protects liver, antiallergenic, for liver energy
- Protects liver against poisoning, toxicity, and inflammatory damage
- Detox for the liver
- Regenerate damaged tissue
- Reduces inflammation of the liver and gallbladder
- Improves digestion by stimulating bile production
- Treat cirrhosis of the liver and chronic hepatitis
- Recovery treatments- withdrawal from alcohol/drugs, recover from side effects of liver-damaging medications, to recover from chemotherapy or radiation treatments, aid recovery from liver diseases
Find Milk Thistle seed in House TeaTox.
(STINGING) NETTLE LEAF- URTICA DIOICA
- Key actions: Anti-allergenic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, blood cleanser, tonic, diuretic, aids in digestion
- Relieve pain and inflammation and support tissue repair
- Rich in iron, calcium, and silica, potassium, magnesium, manganese, zinc
- Remedy for heavy menstrual bleeding, reducing blood loss
- Excellent reproductive tonic for men and women
- For gentiourinary system and strengthen weak kidneys and essential for vitality and energy
- Stimulates the lymph, endocrine and circulatory systems
- Supports the adrenals and treats anemia, liver problems, arthritis and menstrual pains
- Treat asthma and allergies- reduces the amount of histamine that is produced in the body.
Passion Flower- Passiflora incarnata
- Key actions: Aids sleep, relaxant, relieves pain, mild sedative, antispasmodic, mild euphoric, antibaterial
- Properties: Vitamin A, C, calcium, magnesium
- Improves circulation to the nerves and tones nervous system
- Takes the edge off worry and anxiety
- Relieve a racing heart and tension headache
- Relieves muscle pain
- For nervous disorders: nervous tension, hyperactivity, irritability, twitching, anxiety, agitation, exhaustion
Find Passion Flower in MistTea Tranquility
Peppermint- Mentha piperita
- Values: Stimulant, antispasmodic, stomachic, diaphoretic, nervine, antiseptic, analgesic, astringent, decongestant, tonic, expectorant
- Properties: Volatile oil, menthol, vitamin A and B-complex, vitamin C, flavonoids, tannin, iron, magnesium
- For chest and nasal congestion, headaches, nervous tension/stress, nausea, stomach cramps, toothaches and cavities, body odor
- Indigestion- Calms the muscles of stomach and increases flow of bile.
- Itching and skin irritation
- Colds and flu- menthol thins mucus
Rhubarb Root- Rheum palmatum
- Key actions: Antibacterial, blood cleanser, antioxidant, laxative.
- Properties: Vitamin C, K, B-complex, calcium, copper, iron, potassium, manganese, magnesium
- Well-tolerated and moderately powerful laxative
- Positive influence on the liver, gall bladder and intestines
- Helps fight against a range of bacteria, fungi, viruses
- Aids in weight loss, increases the levels of good cholesterol, aids in digestion, improves bone health- bone growth and repair
- Improves blood circulation- stimulates the production of new red blood cells.
Find Rhubarb Root in Soul Power.
Raspberry Leaf- Rubus Idaeus
- Key Actions: Antioxidant, astringent, anti-inflammatory, anti-septic, aids preparation for child birth, antidiarrheal
- Properties: Vitamin A, C, E, iron, zinc, calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, phenolic acids, tannins and falvonoids
- Aid to childbirth and act on the womb, relaxing the cervix and tones the muscles that contract during labor
- Enhance fertility for women and men
- The vitamins in raspberry leaf help boost a pregnant women's immune system and facilitate healthy bone and skin development for the baby
- Help control heavy menstrual bleeding and balance irregular menstrual cycle, relieve stomach aches and leg cramps
- Could be used to gargle for sore throats and poultice for wounds and burns
- Wet raspberry leaves applied directly to a wound reduces inflammation and tightens the mucus membranes
Rosemary- Rosemarinus officinalis
- Key actions: Antiseptic, antioxidant, analgesic, expectorant, decongestant circulatory tonic, digestive tonic, astringent, relaxant, antispasmodic, antibacterial, antidepressant, diuretic
- Properties: Vitamin A, C, B6, iron calcium, magnesium, Rosmarinic acid- potent flavonoid with powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, tannins
- Improves heart, lung and mental function.
- Cognitive stimulant- improve memory and increase focus.
- Aroma of rosemary improves mood, clears the mind, and relieves stress.
- Stomach soother- remedy for upset stomachs, constipation, bloating. Help regulate bowel movements and gastrointestinal system.
- Stimulates blood flow- boosts production of red blood cells.
- Pain reliever for headaches and migraines
- Help flush out toxins- pathogens, excess salts, and fat.
Find Rosemary in Happy Days.
Rose Hips- Rosa canina
- Key Actions: Diuretic, antioxidant, blood tonic, anti-viral, anti-aging, hormone regulator, tension relief , nutrient tonic
- Properties: Vitamin A, B-complex, C, D, malic acid, antioxidant, bioflavonoids, calcium, iron, silicon, selenium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, zinc
- Healing aid for tissue, skin, muscles, and bones; tones organs; clears mucous congestion
- Acts on a cellular level for repair and regeneration, fights cell damage
- Cleansing for respiratory tract
Find Rose Hips in Yin's Essence.
Sage- Salvia officinalis
- Key actions: Antiseptic, antibacterial, astringent, antispasmodic, relaxes peripheral blood vessels, sedative, circulatory stimulant, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant
- Properties: Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, C, K, calcium, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, volatile oil, tannins, flavonoids, rosmarinic acid
- Brain booster- increase recall abilities and concentration
- Anti-inflammatory for cardiovascular system, arthritis, gout, respiratory and gastrointestinal tracts.
- Helps lower blood sugar levels, digestive remedy, stimulant for sluggish livers, disinfectant for nasal congestion, tonic to the reproductive system.
Find Sage in Spirit Soother
Sarsaparilla- Smilax officinalis
- Key actions: Diuretic, antiseptic, antibiotic, mild laxative, tonic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-bacterial, adrenal stimulant, diaphoretic, blood purifier
- Omega-3 fatty acids, sarsapic acid, iron, calcium, potassium, copper, magnesium, vitamin A, D
- For men: help fight hair loss, improve fertility and sexual function and muscle mass to body
- For hormone balancing, skin care, sex drive
- Treats skin infections- eczema, psoriasis
- Ease swelling on gout and arthritis
- Improve the function of the body's circulatory system and promote liver function
- Internal cleaner to remove toxins- help remove mucus in the lungs, push out toxins through pores in sweat, through urine, and intestines through bowel movements
- Side effects: Shortness of breath and harmful of kidneys when consumed in excess amount
Find Sarsaparilla in Warrior's Serenity.
Sheep's Sorrel - Rumex acetosella
- Key actions: Anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer, diuretic effect to increase urine production by the kidneys, laxative, antioxidant, antibacterial, immune system booster, astringent
- Claimed cancer cure with the Essiac tea formula
- Properties: Vitamin C, vitamin A, D, E, K, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, tannins, zinc
- Treatment for fever and generalized inflammation
- Increases urine flow to remove toxins and bacterial infections
Find Sheep's Sorrel in Soul Power
Slippery Elm Innerbark - Ulmus rubra
Key actions: Antioxidant, relieve inflammation, nutritive
Soothes heartburn, irritable bowel, and bronchitis
Coats the inner lining of the stomach and intestines, relieving acidity, irritability, and inflammation
Contains iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, zinc, beta-carotene, and vitamins B1, B2, B3, and vitamin C
Find Slippery Elm in Soul Power.
- Key actions: Antiseptic, mild nerve sedative, tonic, astringent, diuretic
- Strengthens the uterus and relieves congestion of the uterus and ovaries.
- Aid in labor and childbirth (taken last weeks of pregnancy)
- Best known for the relief that is offers pregnant women and new mothers.
- Ease abdominal pain during menstruation and heavy bleeding
- Treats vaginal infections
- Often used in combination with raspberry leaf.
Find Squaw Vine in Nature's Fertilitea
- Properties: Vitamin A, vitamin C, folic acid, riboflavin, copper, potassium, calcium, iron, selenium, zinc and magnesium, niacin, thiamin, tartaric acid, antioxidant
- Skin benefits: Exfoliating agent, remedy for cellulite, moisturizes and tones skin, anti-aging, cures acne
- Hair benefits: Prevents hair loss, helps treat oily scalp, keeps hair strong
- Health benefits: Antiseptic, aids weight loss, good to drink during pregnancy, treats jaundice, cures Malaria, soothes inflammation, cures mouth ulcers, works as a cleansing agent for skin, kidneys, pineal gland, stomach, blood stream, liver, natural fluoride detox, boosts immune system, improves nerve function and aids proper blood circulation.
- The pulp of tamarind is a rich source of fiber, which increases bowel movements and prevents constipation.
- The fiber also binds to toxins in the food and protects the colon mucosa from cancer-causing chemicals.
- The fiber in tamarind also binds bile salts (produced from cholesterol) and decreases their reabsorption in the colon. This helps LDL cholesterol levels from the body.
Find Tamarind in Tangy Tamarind
Thyme- Thymus vulgres
- Key actions: Antibacterial, antifungal, antioxidant, antiseptic, antispasmodic, expectorant, relaxant, tonic, decongestant, expels worms
- Properties: Volatile oil, flavonoids, tannins, vitamin B-complex, C, D, magnesium
Disinfects the air passages, soothes coughing and stimulates clearance of phlegm.
Strengthen respiratory tract, opens bronchial tubes for cleansing, and a decongestant for the chest.
Cleanses respiratory tract of fungal, bacterial, microbial, and viral infections
For urinary tract and kidney infections.
Find Thyme in Goodbye Blues