- Key actions: Astringent, alterative, antispasmodic, anti-inflammatory, pain killer, sedative, mild expectorant, uterine tonic, diuretic
- Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, C, K, phosphorus, calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, manganese, zinc, tannins, volatile oil
- Often used for balancing and normalizing women's hormone production
- Nervine and muscle relaxant
- Boost mental function and improve nervous system
- Effective in treating infertility naturally
- Improves peripheral circulation for better blood flow
- Key actions: Inhibits growth and development of microorganisms, detoxifying remedy, cleanse for kidneys and blood, tonic.
- Often used to treat skin problems, support the immune system during infection and chronic illness, blood cleanser.
- Acne, boils, eczema, and tonsillitis will benefit from the herb's ability to stimulate release of waste products from the cell.
- May be used in any situation in which the body needs increased clearance of waste products.
- High in electrolyte potassium, antioxidant, prevents from diseases, and health promoting properties.
- Key actions: Hormone balancer, stimulates breast milk.
- One of the few herbal medicines known to have a progesterone-type activity within the body.
- Infertility: Ability to fine estrogen and progesterone release through the menstrual cycle. Can improve fertility and increase the chances of conception.
- Acts on the pituitary gland; improves menstrual regularity.
- Usually taken on awakening in the morning when the pituitary gland is most active.
- Menstrual disorders: aid irregularity and premenstrual syndrome, relieve menstrual symptoms such as breast tenderness, fluid retention, headache and premenstrual tension, hot flashes and mood swings, heavy menstrual bleeding/pains.
- Other uses: treat acne-- linked to raised male hormone levels. Other hormonal effect include increased breast milk production in lactating mothers.
- Key actions: Anti-allergenic, anti-inflammatory, relaxant, relieves spasm, soothes digestion
- Treat muscle tension and overwork
- Boosts immunity due to its antibacterial properties
- Maintains glucose levels in body
Dong Quai- Chinese Angelica
- Key actions: Digestive tonic, female reproductive tonic, relieves menstrual pain.
- Help maintain a normal menstrual cycle,end hot flashes, and ease menstrual pain.
- Promotes blood circulation.
- Should not be used during pregnancy
- Key actions: Lower cholesterol, regulates blood sugar levels, anti-bacterial.
- Helps relieve gas, bloating, nausea, and indigestion.
- Good source of manganese, fiber, iron, and calcium
- Has moderate antibacterial and anti-fungal activity
- In colds, flu, chest infection, and coughs, cinnamon has a pleasant treatment that can be safely given to children.
- Taken long term, cinnamon helps strengthen blood flow to the hands and feet-- helps those with poor peripheral circulation.
- Key actions: Diuretic, kidney tonic, stimulant, aphrodisiac, alterative, nervine, relaxant, yang tonic, bitter
- Properties: Vitamin A, B1, B2, C, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, phosphorus, selenium, zinc, volatile oil, falvonoids, antioxidant
- Indicated for sexual stimulation, increases energy, oxygenates genital area, treatment for asthma, depression, impotance and menstrual problems
- A longevity herb- restores exhausted nerves and spirit, restores libido, builds red blood cells
- For men, Damiana stimulates testosterone and treats prostate problems
- Strengthen the reproductive systems of both men and women
- Relieve excess mental activity and nervous debility
- Useful for ex-smokers and help weaning smokers; less desire to drink alcohol
- Mild mood enhancer, alleviate stress, anxiety and mild depression
- Gentle blood cleanser
- Detox remedy for the liver and kidneys
- For poor appetite and digestion, and poor liver function
- Root has a beneficial actions on the stomach, liver, and pancreas, increasing digestive secretions including bile and tendency to stabilize blood sugar levels
- Helpful in a number of chronic skin complaints such as acne, boils, and eczema.
- Key actions: Antibacterial, antiviral, blood cleanser, immune-enhancing
- Stimulate the body's ability to resist infection and counter toxicity
- Bacterial infections- sinusitis, tonsillitis, chronic bronchitis
- Increase number of white blood cells
- Key actions: Reduces inflammation of the mucous membranes, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiviral, induce sweat.
- For cold symptoms: Flu and mild fever
- Taken to improve resistance to infection and reduce a tendency toward reoccurring colds, sore throats, and coughs.
- Flower can dry and tone mucous membranes lining the nose and throat, reducing sneezing, itchiness, and a runny nose.
- Key actions: Aid in weight loss, helps regulate blood sugar levels, reduce high blood pressure, antioxidant
- Antiviral and antibacterial
- Reduce free radicals
- Key actions: Antioxidant, heart tonic, lowers blood pressure, relaxes blood vessels
- "Food for the heart"
- Works directly to the heart to slow its rate, improve oxygen uptake, and increase its pumping efficiency
- The berries and leaves contain high levels of procyanidins, flavonoid, compounds which have a strong antioxidant activity that supports healthy circulation
- Key actions: Antidepressant, relieves muscle spasm, encourages sleep by improving mood and mental calmness
- Relaxes muscles and nervous system
- Relaxing tonic for anxiety, mild depression, restlessness, and insomnia.
- Key actions: Relieves spasms, sedative
- Aid in relaxation and for sleep difficulties
- Help ease mind and body from stress
- Immune enhancer
- Key actions: Tonic, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, promotes discharge of mucus, immune-boosting, reduces stress
- Help ease acid re-flux at night
- Soothe gastrointestinal problems
- Cleansing for the respiratory system
- Relieve stiffness and pain on joints and muscles
Linden Flower/Lime Flower
- Key actions: Mild sedative, nerve tonic, induces sweat
- Relieving tension headaches, migraines, sinus congestion
- Excellent remedy for head colds and mild fevers as well as nasal and sinus catarrh
- Relieve anxiety and tension on head and neck
- Helps aid poor sleep
Milk Thistle leaf/seed
- Key actions: antioxidant, protects liver
- Protects liver against poisoning, toxicity, and inflammatory damage
- Detox for the liver
- Regenerate damaged tissue
- Reduces inflammation of the liver and gallbladder
- Improves digestion by stimulating bile production
- Treat cirrhosis of the liver and chronic hepatitis
- Key actions: Anti-allergenic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, blood cleanser, tonic, diuretic, aids in digestion
- Relieve pain and inflammation and support tissue repair
- Rich in iron, calcium, and silica, potassium, magnesium, manganese, zinc
- Remedy for heavy menstrual bleeding, reducing blood loss
- Excellent reproductive tonic for men and women
- For gentiourinary system and strengthen weak kidneys and essential for vitality and energy
- Stimulates the lymph, endocrine and circulatory systems
- Supports the adrenals and treats anemia, liver problems, arthritis and menstrual pains
- Treat asthma and allergies- reduces the amount of histamine that is produced in the body
- Key actions: Aids sleep, relaxant, relieves pain, sedative
- Takes the edge off worry and anxiety
- Relieve a racing heart and tension headache
- Key actions: Antibacterial, blood cleanser, laxative.
- Well-tolerated and moderately powerful laxative
- Positive influence on the liver, gall bladder and intestines
- Helps fight against a range of bacteria, fungi, viruses
- Key Actions: Antioxidant, astringent, anti-inflammatory, anti-septic, aids preparation for child birth, antidiarrheal
- Properties: Vitamin A, C, E, iron, zinc, calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, phenolic acids, tannins and falvonoids
- Aid to childbirth and act on the womb, relaxing the cervix and tones the muscles that contract during labor
- Enhance fertility for women and men
- The vitamins in raspberry leaf help boost a pregnant women's immune system and facilitate healthy bone and skin development for the baby
- Help control heavy menstrual bleeding and balance irregular menstrual cycle, relieve stomach aches and leg cramps
- Could be used to gargle for sore throats and poultice for wounds and burns
- Wet raspberry leaves applied directly to a wound reduces inflammation and tightens the mucus membranes
- Key Actions: Diuretic, antioxidant, blood tonic, anti-viral, anti-aging, hormone regulator, tension relief , nutrient tonic
- Properties: Vitamin A, B-complex, C, D, malic acid, antioxidant, bioflavonoids, calcium, iron, silicon, selenium, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, zinc
- Healing aid for tissue, skin, muscles, and bones; tones organs; clears mucous congestion
- Acts on a cellular level for repair and regeneration, fights cell damage
- Cleansing for respiratory tract
- Key actions: Diuretic, antiseptic, antibiotic, mild laxative, tonic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-bacterial, adrenal stimulant, diaphoretic, blood purifier
- Omega-3 fatty acids, sarsapic acid, iron, calcium, potassium, copper, magnesium, vitamin A, D
- For men: help fight hair loss, improve fertility and sexual function and muscle mass to body
- For hormone balancing, skin care, sex drive
- Treats skin infections- eczema, psoriasis
- Ease swelling on gout and arthritis
- Improve the function of the body's circulatory system and promote liver function
- Internal cleaner to remove toxins- help remove mucus in the lungs, push out toxins through pores in sweat, through urine, and intestines through bowel movements
- Side effects: Shortness of breath and harmful of kidneys when consumed in excess amount
- Key actions: Anti-inflammatory, diuretic effect to increase urine production by the kidneys, laxative, antioxidant
- Claimed cancer cure with the Essiac tea formula
- Contains vitamin C, vitamin A, calcium, potassium, phosphorus, zinc
Slippery Elm Innerbark
Key actions: Antioxidant, relieve inflammation, nutritive
Soothes heartburn, irritable bowel, and bronchitis
Coats the inner lining of the stomach and intestines, relieving acidity, irritability, and inflammation
Contains iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, selenium, zinc, beta-carotene, and vitamins B1, B2, B3, and vitamin C
- Tonic properties are to work specifically on the uterus
- Aid in labor and childbirth (taken last weeks of pregnancy)
- Ease abdominal pain during menstruation
- Key actions: Lowers blood pressure, digestive aid, balance blood sugar levels
- Key actions: Antibacterial, antifungal, antioxidant, expectorant, relaxant, tonic
Disinfects the air passages, soothes coughing and stimulates clearance of phlegm.
Ear, nose, and throat problems colds ,catarrh, sinus congestion, sore throat